Health & Professionals
In-depth study and extensive research by our world-class team of scientists have developed revolutionary solutions in mother and baby care. Market research to understand gaps, study of materials for utmost safety and comfort make PIGEON products popular all over the world.
PIGEON promotes the healthy development of the baby and the happiness of the mother and family through research, innovation and invention. The basis of our strong growth is our even stronger R&D unit. Based on three important processes, we create products that suit your needs.
. Extensive study on the needs of new mothers and babies
. Market research to identify the gaps between demand and supply
. Our knowledgeable and motivated team of researchers.
At the core of our R&D activities is our Central Research Centre (CRC) established in 1991 in Tsukuba Mirai city in Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan. Standing by our commitment to offer intelligent solutions, we opened a special wing of the CRC in Singapore in 2011 to collect statistical data relevant to breastfeeding-related products.
From initial studies by attaching cameras to the bottom of baby bottles, to the latest in ultrasonic echo testing, we are always moving forward with technology.
Our expert knowledge and passion for quality, coupled with our ability to adapt new technology and materials, ensures Pigeon’s research is at the forefront.
The popular range of PIGEON bottles and nipples are a result of over 50 years of research into the way babies nurse. Our highly acclaimed SofTouch™ Peristaltic PLUS baby bottle nipples are one of our very successful applications of research in the field of baby feeding. Launched in 2010, these nipples offer the most natural feeding experience for your baby.
Cleft Palate Bottle & Teats
These products are dedicated to babies with special feeding needs.
Suitable for the following conditions;
- Cleft lip, jaw or palate
- Weak sucking ability
- Limited jaw and lip motility due to injuries or medical conditions.
A baby affected by a cleft palate often takes longer to feed due to weaker sucking
strength. Because of the gap in their palate, the baby is unable to create a vacuum in
the oral cavity.
- Wider – 16mm wide to cover the palate and avoid the risk of getting the tip of the teat stuck in the cleft.
- Thicker (2mm) on the upper side – To act as a substitute palate and allow for better suction.
- Thinner (0.9mm) and softer on the lower side – To allow the baby to easily squeeze the liquid out by gently pressing the teat with their tongue.
- Variable Flow Y Cut – To make sure the baby only gets the amount of liquid that he/she is able to swallow. Also, a Y cut is easier for the baby to get more milk by just pressing the tip with their tongue, allowing for the Y cut to open its flaps mechanically instead of due to suction strength. The Cleft palate bottle comes with 2 sizes of teat – Regular and Small.
- Flow Regulator – This special regulator prevents milk flow into the nipple from going back to the bottle. It helps keep a constant flow of milk for a continuous milk flow, making it easier for babies to suck using their own efforts.
- The Pigeon Cleft Palate Bottle 240mL is made of soft Polypropylene material in an oval shape, allowing the care giver to hold it comfortably and squeeze it to regulate the flow of milk as needed to suit each baby’s needs.