Nothing melts a parent’s heart more than seeing a little tooth popping out of their little munchkin’s gums!
Every first little milestone is followed by taking precautions to ensure the little one’s health isn’t compromised. Just as babies’ physical and nutritional well-being is important, oral care is equally essential.
If you are a first-time parent, you might not be aware of when and how to start taking care of your little one’s oral hygiene. For smooth parenthood, here’s a little guide for the baby’s oral care journey.
What is the best time to start brushing your little one’s teeth?
If you are a parent who wants to start everything at the right time, you must begin it right away!
As your little bub’s first tooth pokes, you can set a healthy oral hygiene habit of tooth brushing. Pediatric dentists recommended parents, a soft-bristled baby toothbrush moistened with water and a grain-sized smear of fluoride-free toothpaste.
If you are still feeling anxious about your little one’s delicate gums and teeth, try opting for the Pigeon Baby Training Toothbrush Set, which is specially designed for babies. It has 3 lesson toothbrushes to accompany your teeny-weeny in their oral care journey.
Is Your Baby Not Accepting toothbrush?
It’s normal if your little one is refusing to take a toothbrush, you must seek different ways to ensure he gives in at some point. Following are the tooth brushing tips for babies to make oral care intriguing.
- Try to make it into a game, or you can brush your teeth at the same time, and help your little one finish it.
- Some tiny tots refuse to brush because of the bland taste of toothpaste. Try upgrading it to a flavorful toothpaste that is fluoride-free to prevent further risks.
- Try to set a habit of brushing twice a day, before bedtime at night or after bedtime in the morning.
- Gradually start brushing your baby’s teeth more thoroughly, covering all the surfaces and sides of the teeth.
- Initially to make brushing easy, make them sit on your knee, with their head resting against your chest.
- Try to guide little ones until you are confident that they can do it well enough. It might take time at least until they are seven years old.
How to Choose a Toothbrush?
Feeling perplexed? Unable to find the best baby brand in Pakistan? Pigeon is Pakistan’s most trusted baby brand that celebrates little ones, just the way they are!
They have a wide variety of toothbrushes for babies to ensure their oral hygiene isn’t compromised in any way. From training toothbrush sets to individual lesson brushes of 3 different levels, which makes it easier for parents to choose accordingly.
What are the 3 Lessons of Pigeon’s Toothbrush?
Pigeon is an international brand. Its products are developed according to international standards which is suitable for every age group of babies. Thus, if you are wondering what their lesson toothbrushes are for; you’ll find your answer below.
Lesson 1 (6 – 8 Months Baby’s Teeth)
Initiates the concept of holding a baby toothbrush. With its thick and contoured handle, babies can grasp it easily. The soft elastomer rubber head is ideally used to soothe young and tender gums.